The largest retailer Walmart is hoping to outstrip Amazon as the king of e-commerce. Walmart announced on Monday that it’s tipping off its Cyber Monday 2016 deals as early as on Black Friday (November 25th) at 12:01 a.m. EST for the first time ever as the big box’s trying to steal customers ahead of the competition.
In 2015, the world’s largest retail company launched its Cyber Week Deals online sales event on Sunday night after Black Friday for the first time.
The Walmart Cyber Monday 2016, which falls on the Monday after the Turkey Thursday, is usually the biggest and busiest day of the year for online shopping. The “Cyber Monday” phrase was coined back in by the National Retail Federation’s online unit — Shop.org — to push online shopping when consumer returned to offices where they had high-speed data connections.
The massive push to begin Walmart Cyber Monday 2016 deals earlier follows what’s been happening with Black Friday this year, the day after Thanksgiving Day, which used to officially start the holiday shopping season in brick-and-mortar stores. Over the past several years, discount chain retailers including Walmart, Best Buy and Target have kicked of the doorbusters earlier into Gray Thursday. And national retailers are now offering a slew of the same deeply discounted deals online as they do in location outlets on Thanksgiving day.
For this year, the Arkansas-based retailer is starting Black Friday online deals on on Thanksgiving day at 12:01 a.m. EST. While its stores tips off at 6 p.m. on the on the same day, the same time as the past years.
The move comes as Walmart aims to compete head to head with e-commerce leader Amazon.com. Walmart’s online arm has been helped in part by its growth in product assortment. Walmart Cyber Monday/Week 2016 Deals now has 23 million products online, which nearly triple the last year’s inventory for purchasing alone. Walmart Cyber Week 2016 Deals starts on Friday, November 25th at 12:01 a.m. EST. Walmart’s Cyber Monday 2016 Deals begins on Monday, November 28 at 12:01 a.m. EST.
Walmart Cyber Week 2016 Deals Online Sales
- Samsung 60″ 1080p HD Smart LED TV for $579 with $80 Walmart Gift Card ($1,120 savings)
- Google Home for $99 ($30 savings)
- Promark P70 VR Drone for $99 ($50 savings)
- Quadrone Hybrid Drone for $99 ($30 savings)
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S Instant Camera (includes Mini Film 10pk) for $49
- Black + Decker Robotic Vacuum for $196 ($103 savings) – Walmart exclusive
- bObsweep bObi Pet Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for $249 ($83 savings)
- Polaroid Cube+ Action Camera with WiFi for $109.99
- 6V Spider-Man Speed Coupe for $79 ($70 savings)
- 6V Trolls Speed Coupe for $79 ($70 savings)
- Ozark Trail 28-Piece Premium Camping Combo Set for $149 ($50 savings)
- 55″ My First Trampoline with Lightpad and Enclosure for $59 ($10 savings)
- Lifetime 44″ Portable Adjustable Basketball System for $89 ($30 savings)
- Gold’s Gym AbFirm Pro for $49 (savings of $30)
- Ozark Trail 30-Ounce Double-Wall, Vacuum-Sealed Tumbler for $9.74
- Boots for the family starting at $14.88
- Activewear for the family starting at $5
- Denim for the family starting at $10
Walmart Cyber Monday 2016 Deals Online Sales
- Samsung HDTVs over 50 percent off MSRP
- Samsung 65″ 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TV for $999 ($1,200 savings)
- VIZIO 50″ 4K Ultra HD SmartCast Smart LED TV for $379.99 ($148 savings)
- Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming Edition Laptop PC for $999.99 ($300 savings)
- Call of Duty Dragonfly Drone with Camera for $89 ($10.99 savings)
- Drones from DJI, Parrot, Autel, Yuneed and more starting at $199
- Nerf N-Strike MEGA Mastodon Blaster with Free Blaster for $51 ($28 savings)
- Sunglasses from Prada, Ray-Ban, Gucci, Miu Miu, Cartier and more starting at $99.99
- Watches from Michael Kors, Omega, Movado and more starting at $99.99
- Handbags from Rebecca Minkoff, Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Fossil and more starting at $71
- Boots from brands like Frye and UGG starting at $135
- Outerwear for the family starting at $9
- Diamond jewelry savings up to $3,000